The Brussels sprouts and pomegranate salad recipe you have to try
As winter is drawing to a close, it’s time to use up all that seasonal produce. Some of those seasonal foods include Brussels sprouts and pomegranates, which may be found in your own garden if you decided to embrace your green thumb this past season.
Both Brussels sprouts and pomegranates have great health benefits. Brussels sprouts can help lower your cholesterol and protect against certain cancers. Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and may help fight against heart disease, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
So what’s better than a recipe that combines both delicious ingredients and throws in some bacon? The best part (other than the bacon and health benefits) is that this recipe is super easy!
Here’s a great recipe for Brussels sprouts and pomegranate salad:
What you need
4 slices uncooked bacon, diced
2 shallots, thinly sliced
4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
What to do
- Cook bacon in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Cook until bacon is crisp.
- Add shallots to crisped bacon. Once combined, add Brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle mixture with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges of the Brussels sprouts are golden brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons water. Continuously stir until water is absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in blue cheese.
- Transfer to a serving dish and add pomegranate arils.
- Serve and enjoy!