Try these fall-inspired muffins!
Now that we are in the midst of fall, we may need a break from baking our famed pumpkin recipes. If you’re looking for a healthy, fall-inspired recipe that is pumpkin free, try this delicious muffin recipe! These whole-wheat carrot applesauce muffins are a delightful change.
Not only are these muffins amazingly good, they are healthy as well. Take a break from the over-processed store-bought baked goods and enjoy this tasty, all-natural breakfast treat!
• 1½ cups whole-wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened, not melted
• ½ cup honey
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
• ¾ cup carrot shreds
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper, foil, or silicone liners. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Mix the butter, honey, egg and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed. Reduce speed, slowly adding in flour mixture until well combined. Batter consistency will be thick.
4. Carefully fold in the applesauce and carrots with a spatula. Fill the muffin cups evenly.
5. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Insert an toothpick to ensure the muffins are fully baked.