The low-fat vegetable soup recipe you don’t want to miss
There are few things more perfect than sitting on the sofa, sipping on a steaming cup of hot soup on a cold winter’s day. Soup is an incredibly versatile meal that can be made in any number of ways. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also healthy for you! Learn more about soup’s health benefits in this blog.Check out this insanely delicious low-fat vegetable soup recipe:
- 3 15-ounce cans fat-free (about 5-1/2 cups) vegetable broth
- 3 15-ounce cans diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered (about 2 cups)
- 3 zucchini, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 russet potato, skin on, chopped (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a 4-quart stock pot on medium heat.
- Add vegetable broth and tomatoes to pot; continue to add the rest of the prepared ingredients.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, move 3 cups of cooked vegetables and ¼ cup of broth to a blender. Puree.
- Add puree to soup and season to taste.
- Ladle into a bowl or mug and enjoy!
Makes 13 cups. Serving size 1 cup.
Nutrition information: 73 Calories; 0g Total Fat; 0g Saturated Fat; 16g Carbohydrates; 4g Fiber; 678mg Sodium; 0mg Cholesterol; 2g Protein.